Island Harbor, Monhegan, Maine is a beautiful example of Strisik’s work. Tucked in the shadows behind a rocky outcropping, the viewer rests in a moment of calm, with the bustling docks and ships in the background. His emphasis on the darker foreground draws the eye to the bit of rock at the center of the painting, glowing in the sunlight, and to the gulls and ships in the bay.
More information about this painting...
Private collection, Rockport, Massachusetts
With Vose Galleries, Boston, inventory no. 36455, March 2015
To private collection, Moultonborough, New Hampshire, December 2015 to present
- (in marker verso) (MONHEGAN IS. MAINE) / #O-181
- (in marker verso) “ISLAND / HARBOR”
- Previous Vose Galleries label, inventory no. 36455
- Artist’s label with painting description
- Rockport Art Association exhibition label, 2001
- Rockport Art Association exhibition label, 2014
- (Stamp, twice) STRISIK / COLLECTION
- Rockport Art Association Retrospective Exhibition, September 29 – November 11, 2001
- Paul Strisik, N.A.: The Artist & His Collection, Rockport Art Association, October 4 – November 16, 2014
- Paul Strisik, N.A.: A Single Blade of Grass, Vose Galleries, Boston, October 3 – November 14, 2015